[Mailman-Users] mailman generated email

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Mon Oct 22 07:20:18 EDT 2018

I'm corresponding with the sysops about those odd duplicated "pending
moderator requests" messages and the sysops are claiming that mailman, itself,
never sends messages, it only forwards them.   I know that's not true but I don't
know enough about the mechanics of mailman to make a definitive reply.  His
latest message

    With a discussion list, a message is not created by the list server.
    The list server accepts an email sent to the list address, which
    posts it for moderation approval, which then sends the email sent to
    that list to all subscribed users of that list.

What's the definitive way to describe to him the [crontab?] mechanism that
generates the overnight "pending moder requests" message that mailman
generates.   He doesn't even understand that with the messages I forwarded to
him for comparison were generated by mailman -- he just mentioned that each of
the two pending requests was a real user-sent message [of course true] but
doesn't see the forest [that that was mailman notification] for the trees [the two
message currently pending].  ugh

 /bernie\

            Bernie Cosell
       bernie at fantasyfarm.com