[Mailman-Users] reply_goes_to_list problem in 2.1.29

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Oct 20 15:07:20 EDT 2018

On 10/20/18 11:16 AM, David Gibbs wrote:

> As for the suffix file ...
>
> I changed my mm_cfg.py file to reference a local file instead of a URL
> so it doesn't need SSL (I'll retrieve the file periodically) using a
> mechanism that works.
>
> Once I had the file setup the reply-to munging works and so does the
> DMARC handling.

I'm not sure why not being able to access the file would cause the
issues you saw, but I'll do some testing.

As far as updating your local file is concerned, Mailman 2.1 only reads
the file once (Mailman 3 is different and re-reads it periodically) on
the first post following (re)start, so if the file actually changes, you
need to restart Mailman to pick up the changes. However, changes to that
list generally only affect domains that you probably don't see.