[Mailman-Users] reply_goes_to_list problem in 2.1.29

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Sat Oct 20 14:16:51 EDT 2018

On 10/20/18 12:52 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>> The error I'm seeing is: Unable to retrieve data from
>> https://publicsuffix.org/list/public_suffix_list.dat: <urlopen error (1,
>> 'error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert
>> handshake failure')>
>
> You need to upgrade SSL on your server.

Yeah, I know ... it's on the list.

> As far as the actual error is concerned, this shouldn't affect reply-to
> munging. Also, it should only affect organizational domain processing.

I suspect it is related, although I'm not sure how.  See below.;

> Bottom line is I don't think this is affecting either your reply-to
> munging or your DMARC mitigations. Is there anything about DMARC in
> Mailman's vette log?

There were log entries indicating that it had parsed the DMARC policy correctly
(the address I was testing had p=quarantine).

As for the suffix file ...

I changed my mm_cfg.py file to reference a local file instead of a URL so it
doesn't need SSL (I'll retrieve the file periodically) using a mechanism that works.

Once I had the file setup the reply-to munging works and so does the DMARC handling.

At least my test list is working. :)

david

--
IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of business!

I'm riding 615 miles (Yes, you read that right) in the American Diabetes
Association's Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education,
advocacy, and awareness.  You can make a tax deductible donation to my ride by
visiting https://gmane.diabetessucks.net.

You can see where my donations come from by visiting my interactive donation map
... https://gmane.diabetessucks.net/map (it's a geeky thing).

I may have diabetes, but diabetes doesn't have me!