[Mailman-Users] Recursion problem with "disabled" cron job.

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Tue Oct 16 00:59:10 EDT 2018

On Mon, 2018-10-15 at 21:43 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 10/15/18 9:23 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> > On Mon, 2018-10-15 at 21:09 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> > > There should be "delivery disabled" entries in Mailman's bounce log.
> >
> > Nada, even though I got email notifications of the disablement.
>

> There must be entries of the form
>
> Oct 12 03:20:10 2018 (2138) LISTNAME: user at example.com disabling due to
> bounce score 1.0 >= 1.0
>
> in the bounce log. Perhaps I confused you by writing "delivery disabled"
> without actually looking at the message.

A-ha! Yes. I'm just using grep, which requires precision. I found the
disablement notices, timestamp Oct 07 10:14:33.

> > > It's as if something was
> > > updating the list and the pending database and had a single file
> > > descriptor for both the config.pck and the pending.pck, but I have no
> > > idea how that could happen.
> >
> > Evil spirits.

I did find a reference, perhaps relevant, to the effect that there
could be fd confusion in python pickling if using the Twisted API. I
don't see that MM uses this. I took a look at Twisted at one point and
it was too strange a beast for me to give it much consideration. I'm an
old-fashioned hacker :) I cut my programming teeth on Z-80 assembly
language programming, which gives you a clue to my age.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."