[Mailman-Users] Recursion problem with "disabled" cron job.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Oct 16 00:43:28 EDT 2018

On 10/15/18 9:23 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-10-15 at 21:09 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> There should be "delivery disabled" entries in Mailman's bounce log.
>
> Nada, even though I got email notifications of the disablement.

There must be entries of the form

Oct 12 03:20:10 2018 (2138) LISTNAME: user at example.com disabling due to
bounce score 1.0 >= 1.0

in the bounce log. Perhaps I confused you by writing "delivery disabled"
without actually looking at the message.

>> It's as if something was
>> updating the list and the pending database and had a single file
>> descriptor for both the config.pck and the pending.pck, but I have no
>> idea how that could happen.
>
> Evil spirits.

Much as I hate to say it, I think without further evidence we have to go
with that.