[Mailman-Users] Recursion problem with "disabled" cron job.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 14 19:21:15 EDT 2018

On 10/14/2018 09:41 AM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-10-12 at 11:31 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> cd /usr/lib64/mailman/
>> for list in `bin/list_lists --bare`; do
>>     if [ -f lists/$list/pending.pck ]; then
>>         echo $list
>>         bin/dumpdb lists/$list/pending.pck|grep evictions
>>     fi
>> done
>
> Thanks for the code, Mark. I should note, though, that dumpdb expects a
> FQPN (if the path isn't relative to the PWD), and I believe the default
> for most MM installs is to put the python pickle files under
> /var/lib/mailman,

The default for both 'prefix' (basically the source code) and
'var_prefix' (mutable data) for a built from source configure is
/usr/local/mailman. Various downstream packagers will configure mailman
to put things wherever they want.

> so this line, for anyone else who might want to use or document it, should be
>
>    bin/dumpdb /var/lib/mailman/lists/$list/pending.pck|grep evictions
>
> This, at least, is how things are laid out here, although perhaps the
> standard now is to put the lists dir under /usr/lib64/mailman.

I was wrong to create the sample script assuming that everything was in
/usr/lib64/mailman. That was an oversimplification.