[Mailman-Users] Microsoft blocking our Mailman lists

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Oct 8 13:32:23 EDT 2018

On Mon, 2018-10-08 at 12:23 -0400, Jim Popovitch via Mailman-Users
wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-10-08 at 11:01 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> >

> > I've generally had good luck with Linode. Their tech folks are real
> > geniuses and technically their service really rock.
> Next time you're on one of their nodes do this:
>
> egrep "(MHz|model name)" /proc/cpuinfo
>
> For less $$ you can get newer/faster hardware elsewhere (and some
> even
> come with pure SSD RAID10 storage)  All I'm saying is that it pays to
> shop around.
>
> model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v6 @ 3.70GHz
> cpu MHz		: 3695.998
> model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v6 @ 3.70GHz
> cpu MHz		: 3695.998

My linode has a quad:

model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
cpu MHz		: 2800.000

Not as fast, but speed isn't everything, and the speed is quite
adequate for my small email and web hosting business. I _did_ shop
around, and when I settled on Linode back in 2014 it was recommended by
people in the IT business whom I trust. As I said, I've been quite
impressed with their technical skills and the quality of their support.

On top of that, I'm using their DNS services for probably 90 domain
names (with programming for several facilities in place which leverages
their DNS API), and have an IPv6 /56 assigned to me from them, routed
through a VPN to our SOHO LAN. On top of that, my wife and I are up
against some major medical issues which are occupying all of our
available time which I'm NOT spending on trying to keep FMP's
customers' mail service open to the full Internet. Switching virtual
server providers at this point is NOT an option. I'm 77, _should_ be
retired, and am stressed to the breaking point with dealing with all
the crap coming down the pike at us. Thanks for your comment, though.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."