[Mailman-Users] Microsoft blocking our Mailman lists

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sun Oct 7 13:00:58 EDT 2018

Hi,

Unfortunately, yes, I have seen this behavior from Microsoft. I have no
idea what triggers it, but my Linode IP has been blocklisted twice, once
a bit over three years ago, and another time less than two weeks ago.

If you haven't already, try signing up for their Smart Network Data
Service at https://postmaster.live.com/snds. On the FAQ page there you
will find a link to submit a delivery support ticket, you can request
your IP be removed from the blocklist. I have no idea how long your IP
will stay on their blocklist if you don't request removal. Before
requesting removal you should probably use some online checkers to
insure you're not on any other blacklists, check your IP at
senderscore.org, etc.

The last incident inspired me to move a high-traffic list I run from
Mailman to Groups.IO.

Hope this helps,

Jayson