[Mailman-Users] Yahoo, AOL again

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 18 23:27:32 EST 2018

On 11/18/18 3:43 PM, Jim Dory wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 1:48 PM Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>
>>> Apple has recently started publishing p=quarantine for its
>>> {mac|me|icloud}.com domains. If you don't include p=quarantine
>>> (dmarc_quarantine_moderation_action = Yes) in your DMARC mitigations,
>>> you need to do so.
>>
>> Thanks much Mark for quick reply.
>>
>> So my CPanel seems to only let me add an A, CNAME, MX record ... no TXT
>> option available. If I log into WHM interface, under Edit DNS Zone, I can
>> enter the following:
>> Domain=  _dmarc    TTL = 14400   Type = TXT  and TXT= v=DMARC1;
>> p=quarantine; sp=none; rf=afrf; pct=100; ri=86400
>>
>> When I hit save, it just shows v=DMARC1 , when I check back. I've also
>> just entered v=DMARC1;p=quarantine;pct=100; with same result. This is from
>> following some online tutorials for various hosts.

You are publishing a DMARC record for your domain. This may or may not
be desirable depending on your situation, bet if you do this, you also
need to ensure that all outgoing mail from your domain is DKIM signed.

What I was referring to is the DMARC mitigations within Mailman.  I.e.,
in the web admin UI for your list at Privacy options... -> Sender
filters, you want to ensure that dmarc_moderation_action is Munge From
or Wrap Message as desired and dmarc_quarantine_moderation_action is Yes.