[Mailman-Users] Fwd: Yahoo, AOL again

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Sun Nov 18 19:46:24 EST 2018

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 1:48 PM Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> The Yahoo page at <https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html>
> has some tips. You may need to adjust the retry strategy of your MTA.

So looking at the EXIM config on the host VPS server, there is a
Section:RETRYSTART that is blank, A RETRYBLOCK that has this:

 +secondarymx           *           F,4h,5m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h
*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h

And a RETRYEND which is blank. So I suppose the RETRYBLOCK is where the
edit would go. This server is basically just handling the mailman list,
plus some very small traffic from server reports, website stuff (very
rare), and other stuff not worth mentioning. So a couple attempts in case
some server or service is down somewhere temporarily.. but otherwise I
hardly think it should be trying for what looks like 4 days, if this is
what I'm correctly seeing. Any one have thoughts on how to edit, given that
qualification?    /jim