[Mailman-Users] How do I run 2.x mailman more securely?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu May 31 17:52:48 EDT 2018

On 05/31/2018 03:05 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> What exactly is it about mailman usernames and passwords that you are
> trying to protect with HTTPS?

I wasn't talking about Mailman usernames (email addresses) and
passwords.  I was talking about the usernames and passwords for Basic
HTTP(S) authentication.  As in authenticating to the web server and
having it control who can access the Mailman Web UI.

There's always the fact that HTTPS (SSL/TLS) protects both sets of
credentials.

I was replying to the original poster, Michael P., suggesting that
HTTP(S)'s Basic Authentication can be used to protect the Mailman Web UI.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die