[Mailman-Users] new user

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 13 08:52:23 EDT 2018

On 5/12/18 3:32 AM, Phillip Waters wrote:
> I have three separate domains all hosted by the same company. I created
> a private mailing list for one of my domains as a test to try and see if
> it was something I could use. Turn out it is something I want to use. I
> deleted that list and tried to start over.

How did you delete it?

> However, On the main page for Cpanel it shows the list is still there:
>
> Mailing Lists
> <https://nemunas.tchmachines.com:2083/cpsess9309149334/frontend/paper_lantern/mail/lists.html>
>
> 1 / ∞
>
> When in fact it isn't. I want to re-create that list with the same name,

This seems to be a cPanel issue. Please see
<https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20and%20CPanel>.

> however, when I tried to create the list again I get the following error:
>
> Failed to create the mailing list “d4 at XXXXXX.org”: The requested mailing
> list address, “d4 at XXXXXX.org”, conflicts with the forwarder
>d4 at XXXXXX.org <mailto:dist4 at gaafg.org> <mailto:dist4 at gaafg.org>
>d4 at XXXXXX.org”, you must first delete the forwarder that conflicts with
> that name. <mailto:dist4 at gaafg.org>
>
> My problem is I can't find where it is being forwarded. Can someone help
> me figure out where my problem lies? No forwards are listed anywhere
> that I can see.

cPanel typically uses Exim which uses 'routers'.

If you have access to the file sistem, look in the directory
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/. If there is a d4_gaafg.org
(or is it dist4_gaafg.org) sub-directory, remove it.