[Mailman-Users] Installing Mailman on a Debian system with Apache 2.4.2, CGI error!

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sun May 6 23:37:56 EDT 2018

Hello,

Okay, now I feel like a total dummy. No, Suexec wasn't enabled as far as
I can tell. Yes, the CGI scripts are owned by mailman:mailman. Yes, the
permissions are correct. So what was the problem, you ask.

It seems that by default, Debian's Apache install doesn't enable the CGI
module. Somehow, it sort of works better if you enable CGI. It works
better if you plug it in.

Head…desk. I'd spent hours trying to troubleshoot this! Sometimes the
most obvious things escape the best of us.

Thanks anyway.

Jayson