[Mailman-Users] Still having trouble with an email filter vis-a-vis Chinese crap.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat May 5 15:44:59 EDT 2018

In my mailman Privacy options/Spam filters/Regexps my expression:

^Subject: =\?utf-8\?B\?

does NOT appear to work to discard all posts with that expression in the subject line.

That traffic always contains this:

Subject =?utf-8?B?

before all the following garbage.

Sometimes that expression beginning with = is contained multiple times in the traffic I want
to discard.

As you can see above, I have escaped all the ? characters.

Is there something further I need to do to make this work as it should?

Obviously, I am still doing something wrong, but I can't see it.

I thought the escape character was the \, but maybe it is a / . ?

What?

I am, presently, not all that happy, although I have cut down the Chinese garbage by about
90% since I implemented other filters. There remains the 10% which is still very annoying.

Ken Gordon

---