[Mailman-Users] mailman is receiving, but not forwarding emails.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 5 14:22:09 EDT 2018

On 5/5/18 11:08 AM, Kevin Nowaczyk via Mailman-Users wrote:
> I performed a massive debian update last week, which included a postfix update. Mailman may have updated too (it is currently 2.1.26). All other mail services on my server appear to still work (Drupal password resets, Roundcube webmail send/receive, virtual mailbox forwarding), but mailman is no longer sending out messages. The mailman archives are showing any messages that are sent to the list, but users are not receiving a copy. The mailman log files are suspiciously empty. The vet file does show where I tried to message a list I am not a member to, but nothing about the numerous times posting to a list that I am a member to, which is in the archive.

The message is archived so IncomingRunner and ArchRunner are running.
Messages aren't being sent and nothing is in Mailman's post or smtp logs
so OutgoingRunner is not processing the messages. Nothing in Mailman's
error log indicates OutgoingRunner just isn't running and the messages
are probably all waiting in Mailman's out queue.

Look in Mailman's qrunner log for messages about OutgoingRunner.
Stopping and starting (not restarting) Mailman may help.