[Mailman-Users] Cascading lists

Rubén Fernández Asensio enseikou at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 03:05:26 EDT 2018

Finally I got it working!

As for your offer to edit the wiki, thanks, but I don't have time to
test all the different possible setups. I can only offer information for
one, which would be as follows:

"If you want an umbrella list to post anonymous announcements to several
sublists at once, always getting the appropriate footer from each list,
and not allowing sublist members to post, follow this procedure:

1. Create the umbrella list and set it up as anonymous (General Options
 > anonymous_list) and as umbrella (General Options > umbrella_list).

2. Add the sublists' posting addresses as members of the umbrella list.

3. Either add the addresses of people allowed to post to the umbrella as
umbrella members, or authorize them to post as nonmembers (Privacy >
Sender filters > accept_these_nonmembers).

4. In every sublist, put the umbrella's posting address as accepted
non-member (Privacy > Sender filters > accept_these_nonmembers).

5. In every sublist, put the umbrella's posting address as acceptable
alias (Privacy > Recipient filters > acceptable_aliases). This last step
is necessary only if require_explicit_destination is set to 'Yes'.

If you don't get the expected results, check the /var/log/mailman/vette
log and the value of the USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER directive in mm_cfg.py or
Defaults.py."

And then you could add footnotes and alternative fixes to debug the
procedure. However, you'd need to add two more howtos on setting up
non-anonymous umbrellas and cross-posting umbrellas, which I didn't try.
In any way, that messy wiki must be fixed. Features won't be used unless
they're well documented.

Ruben Fernandez

El 06/06/18 a les 23:31, Mark Sapiro ha escrit: