[Mailman-Users] Fail2ban on the Mailman web interface

Henrique Fagundes suporte at aprendendolinux.com
Sun Jun 3 12:52:17 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Good afternoon!

I begin by apologizing for the fact that this text is difficult to
interpret because I am Brazilian and I do not have many English language
skills.

I'm having a hard time using Fail2Ban along with MailMan mailing list
management software.

My idea is that when the attacker / attacker incorrectly enters the
password of the login field in the web interface, it is blocked. But for
this to work, it is necessary for MailMan to report unsuccessful login
attempts in its log.

I have already checked to see if there is a plugin or extension (just
like it exists for Wordpress and PHPMyAdmin), but it seems like there is
nothing developed for this.

So I would like to know if anyone has ever had the need to do this
implementation, so I can have some way.

If anyone can help me, I will be very grateful.

Regards,

Henrique Fagundes
Linux Support Analyst
suporte at aprendendolinux.com