[Mailman-Users] Cascading lists

Rubén Fernández Asensio enseikou at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 02:53:13 EDT 2018

Hello all,
I'm a new list administrator and a bit lost among Mailman's many
features. Could you please give some advice?
I'm trying to implement an announcement list and an unmoderated
discussion list, and having the second receive all mail sent to the
first one. The announcement list will prevent everybody but a few
addresses to post, and will attach a personalized footer to every post
with a link to the subscriber's option page. The discussion list will
attach its own generalized footer.
In sum, I want a single place to manage permissions to send
announcements to both lists. I don't care about duplicates, as I want
people to actively unsubscribe from the announcement list if they've
joined both by mistake. However, it would be nice if the announcements
received by the discussion list wouldn't have any personalized footer.
Also, I want subscribers of the discussion list to be able to send
replies to the announcement into the discussion list itself, whereas
subscribers of the announcement list will get their own 'Reply-to' heading.
What's the best setup to achieve this? Umbrella lists, sibling lists, or
something else?

Thanks in advance,
Rubén Fernández