[Mailman-Users] Mailman3 domain aliases

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 1 21:53:15 EDT 2018

On 06/01/2018 01:47 AM, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to create some lists in Mailman3 which can be accessed via web and email with 2 different domains.  There will of course be a default domain which Mailman uses on outgoing emails etc, but I want users to be able to use either the old or new domain to access the website or sending email.
>
> Is this possible in Mailman3?  it is essentially giving me the behaviour I have in Mailman2.

It's more complicated in Mailman 3 because the domain is part of the
list name. You have some of the same controls such as
require_explicit_destination and acceptable_aliases which can be used to
allow mail to list at domain1 to accept mail addressed To: list at domain2,
but even if you get the incoming MTA to deliver the list at domain2 mail to
Mailman, Mailman's incoming LMTP server that receives the mail will not
know that mail with envelope to list at domain2 is destined for the
list at domain1 list so you not only have to get the incoming MTA to
deliver the mail to Mailman, it also has to rewrite the envelope to
list at domain1.