[Mailman-Users] non-subscribers getting through--email address in "Real Name"

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue Jul 24 22:41:54 EDT 2018

In article <88902b3b-7cb3-7991-15c4-4dbc107624b8 at msapiro.net> you write:
>In that sense, many of us think that the person who wrote the post is
>still the author even if the list made a few simple changes that didn't
>alter the basic text of the original message while the list is a Sender:
>
>That's why we believe that Munge From is non-compliant. ...

Quite right.  Beyond the standards theology, there is the practical
problem that where the message list in your inbox used to tell you who
wrote the list messages, now it all seems to come from the list alias.
In my world, some people's contributions are a lot more interesting
than others, and losing the info about who wrote what makes all lists
less useful.

R's,
John