[Mailman-Users] Retention policy for archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 16 13:17:04 EST 2018

On 01/15/2018 11:44 AM, Dang Tran wrote:
> Hi – I’d like to setup a retention policy to delete all archives older than 1yr.  please help me to setup this.  thanks

See the script at <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/prune_arch> (mirrored
at <https://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/prune_arch>).

You could run this periodically via cron to do what you want. The down
side of this is each time you run it, the messages in the archive will
be renumbered and prior saved URLs to archived messages will no longer work.