[Mailman-Users] Privacy Filter Unusual Behavior

Chris PUCHALSKI chris.puchalski at raytheon.com
Tue Jan 2 15:26:28 EST 2018

The privacy settings with concern to the moderation of nonmembers we have been seeing something odd happening. We have nonmembers set to reject on a list but it appears messages still get through to the list recipients. But the sender also get the rejection notification. That is both confirmed in the vette logs as well as in actual practice with test emails.

Where does one begin to look for a reason why this is happening?  No major changes have been made to the system and I have seen it happen once before but I thought it was a freak occurrence then because I have heard zero complaints since then.

Chris P.