[Mailman-Users] Link in list message footer?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Aug 13 21:08:06 EDT 2018

On 08/13/2018 09:39 AM, Glen Page wrote:
> Is it possible to include an HTML link or links in the footer of list messages? We use mailman to send messages to parents of our students. We have our own mobile app and would love to be able to include a link to the app in both the Apple App store and the Google Play store if that is possible.

The footer is always added in a text/plain part, either appended to a
text/plain message body or a separate part.

Thus any HTML markup in the footer will be displayed as the raw HTML and
not rendered. However, if you just put the URL in the footer, preferably
enclosed in angle brackets, as in <http://www.example.com/xxx>, many
MUAs will render it as a clickable link. In any case, that's the best
you can do.