[Mailman-Users] Cannot discard pending requests

Bo Gusman bo at bogusville.us
Wed Apr 25 12:24:50 EDT 2018

Mailman v2.1.18 on Debian Jessie.

Been running mailman (much older version) for years on an old CentOS
box. Recently moved to a new machine as above, and migrated a list - no
problems there.

The list itself seems to be working just fine - mail flowing as
expected. However, I've got a couple of pending moderator requests that
simply refuse to go away. I can't Accept them, Reject them, or Discard
them. Selecting Discard and clicking Submit All Data, the page simply
refreshes itself and the items remain unaffected.

I do not see any error message, cannot find any indication in any system
log that there is a problem of any sort (it's possible I'm not looking
in the right place?)

I've run check_perms and there are 10 symlinks that are reported with
bad groups (has root, expected list) but those cannot be changed,
apparently.

How can I fix this?

     Bo