[Mailman-Users] Recent phishing mails are targeting mailing-lists -- and do pass

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Sep 26 07:58:26 EDT 2017

One thing *I* have discovered is that "bogus" messages (eg phishing, etc.
spam), often have various envlope headers that give them away.  One is a
"Reveived: " from a mail server with no reverse DNS ('Reveived: from ...
(unknown [ddd.ddd.ddd.ddd])', so a spam filter rule like this:

catches them.  Set this filter to "Hold", since *some* E-Mail
clients/providers seem to use machines with non routing addresses either
internally or otherwise (typically AOL over a Satelite Internet connection),
which you will want to pass though manually.

I also use Spamassassin on my server, so having a rule like:

is also helpful at catching spam and phishing mail.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933