[Mailman-Users] List adds information to sender's name

Christian F Buser luscheina at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 19 16:28:01 EDT 2017

Hello Christian F Buser. On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 21:56:56 +0200, you wrote:

>> You are seeing the "Mung From" option behaviour.
>
> But why does this not happen with all list messages; only with a part
> of them? I thought it was coming from the fact that the authors cc'ed
> themselves - but a test message where I put my own address in cc did
> not "munge" the sender's address...

And, additionally: why does my original question have "via Mailman-Users" appended, while my reply (using the same mail app and the same settings) does not?

And why, when I reply to a message on this list, is the reply only going to the author of the message and not to the list? Of course, this may be a setting of the Mailman-Users list, but I do not understand why anyone should do it this way...

Christian

--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe fuer Strassenkinder in Ghana: http://www.chance-for-children.org

.