[Mailman-Users] IncomingRunner absent

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Sep 3 10:31:52 EDT 2017

On 09/02/2017 09:19 AM, Eric wrote:
> My IncomingRunner is absent and I do not know why. Messages just sit in
> ~mailman/qfiles/in.
> How can this be and what do I need to do to fix it?

IncomingRunner is dying for some reason. Check Mailman's 'qrunner' and
'error' logs for information about why.

Normally, when a qrunner dies, the mailmanctl process will see this and
restart it up to a maximum of 10 times, after which it gives up.

You need to get the exception and traceback from the error log and
figure out the problem and fix it and then stop and start Mailman.

I suspect the issue is due to the queue entry being processed in which
case you can probably just move aside the oldest .pck (or maybe .bak)
file in qfiles/in/ and stop and start Mailman, but I would like to get
copies of both the offending qfiles/in/ file and the traceback and other
info from Mailman's error and qrunner logs, to see if there is something
that needs to be fixed in the code.