[Mailman-Users] when emailing my list the email is delivered as an attachment to a blank email

Michael Demenis Mike at demenis.co.uk
Wed Mar 22 17:53:06 EDT 2017

Hi

When sending an email to any of my newly created lists the email is delivered as a *subject*.eml file attached to an email that is otherwise blank except for the email footer.

This happens whether I send text emails, html emails, I’ve read a few articles that have led me to the content filtering options, played around with a few of these options and not changed any of this behaviour, this still happens when content filter is disabled.

This appears to be different from most user’s issues where the footer becomes the attachment, I’m getting the footer but the body is the attachment. If I set there to be no footer I still get the body as an attachment. In fact I’d much rather have the issue others have seen.

I’m sure this is a simple setting somewhere but I can’t seem to find where it is, any help would be greatly appreciated. It would be much clearer for my users if these appeared as an email, rather than an attachment.

Thanks in advance

Mike