[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribe line missing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 17 01:10:03 EDT 2017

On 03/16/2017 09:53 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Besides the MUA issue, it's possible that the "no notice" subscribers
> are subscribing to the digest, I think.  If they have a reasonably
> smart MUA it can treat the digest as a folder and display the messages
> individually.  In that case the subscriber probably won't see the
> footer, which I believe is attached at the bottom of the digest, not
> at the bottom of each message in the digest.  (Mark, can you confirm?)

There are a few things going on depending on digest format. In a MIME
format digest the boiler plate, the digest_header, the TOC, the
individual messages and the digest_footer are all separate MIME parts.

In the RFC 1153 compliant plain text digest (beginning in MM 2.1.15),
the digest_footer is added as a separate message with Subject: Digest
Footer, so it should be visible in an exploded digest.

However, all this is moot as digest headers and footers cannot be
personalized so it is not possible to put a "one click" unsubscribe link
in either format of digest.