[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribe line missing

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Fri Mar 17 00:53:53 EDT 2017

Mark Sapiro writes:
 > On 03/14/2017 02:10 AM, Bill Healy wrote:
 > >
 > > Some members are reporting that the one click unsubscribe notice
 > > at the end of emails is not there and that they have to write individually
 > > to the list moderator to have their email removed. On the other hand, it is
 > > obvious that some members are successfully using the one click unsubscribe.
 > >
 > > Is there an explanation for this? Can anything be done about it?
 >

 > See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030707>

Besides the MUA issue, it's possible that the "no notice" subscribers
are subscribing to the digest, I think.  If they have a reasonably
smart MUA it can treat the digest as a folder and display the messages
individually.  In that case the subscriber probably won't see the
footer, which I believe is attached at the bottom of the digest, not
at the bottom of each message in the digest.  (Mark, can you confirm?)