[Mailman-Users] How to check if E-mail from Mailman was opened by the subscriber ?

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Thu Jul 27 11:41:38 EDT 2017

On 7/27/2017 10:09 AM, Christian F Buser via Mailman-Users wrote:
> Compare it with normal (paper, snail mail) you send out to your
> clients. There, you have no guarantee if the recipient opened it /
> looked at it - unless you send it by "registered mail".

FWIW: Even sending registered snail mail is no guarantee that the letter was opened or read ... just that it was delivered.

As to the OP's question ... There's no sure way to verify a message has been read.  Some MLM systems use HTML beacons, but they are trivial to defeat. In fact, most email programs provide the option to not load remote images when viewing. Also, if someone chooses to read all mail in plain text, the beacon is meaningless.

david

--
IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of business!

I'm riding a metric century (100 km / 65 miles) in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education, advocacy, and awareness.  You can make a tax deductible donation to my ride by visiting http://gmane.diabetessucks.net.  My goal is $6000 but any amount is appreciated.

You can see where my donations come from by visiting my interactive donation map ... http://gmane.diabetessucks.net/map (it's a geeky thing).

I may have diabetes, but diabetes doesn't have me!