[Mailman-Users] Second Name

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Jul 23 22:19:51 EDT 2017

On 07/23/2017 06:09 PM, David Andrews wrote:
> One of my users has requested a list -- let's call it
> list1 at example.org.  He wants a second name for this list --
> list2 at example.org  He says he heard Mailman can do this.  I have
> experimented a little, but can't see how.
>
> Can Mailman do this -- and if so, what do I do.

It's been a long time since I've admined Mailman, so I'm not sure.

If Mailman can't do this itself, I'd try to get the MTA that interfaces
with Mailman to do help.  Specifically, create aliases for list2 that
actually reference list1.

Ultimately both SMTP envelope addresses would pass into the same list
inside of Mailman.

list1:             "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post list1"
list1-admin:       "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman admin list1"
list1-bounces:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces list1"

list2:             "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post list1"
list2-admin:       "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman admin list1"
list2-bounces:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces list1"

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die