[Mailman-Users] DMARC and gmail

Christian F Buser luscheina at yahoo.de
Wed Jul 19 09:57:17 EDT 2017

Hi Kevin

GMAIL is a problem itself. On another mailing list (which is not a
Mailman list and I am not a moderator or something like that), messages
seem even to be held back by GMAIL and not delivered at all to the
subscribers.

I am not sure whether a GMAIL user can "educate" the mail server to not
consider certain messages as spam/junk by unmarking them and moving them
into the normal inbox.

Christian

> Kevin Nowaczyk via Mailman-Users <mailto:mailman-users at python.org>
> 19. Juli 2017 um 15:13
> I've recently been hearing that some subscribers to a club mailing
> list who use gmail are having all messages pushed to their spam
> folder. One user said it's only an issue when the sender is a gmail
> user as well. I'm running mailman 2.1.23 and had
> dmarc_moderation_action set to the default value..which I think was
> Accept. I recently changed it to "Munge From". The
> dmarc_quarantine_moderation_action is set to yes, and
> dmarc_none_moderation_action is No. When using the old settings gmail
> listed messgaes as: SPF PASS, DKIM "Neutral with domain null", and
> DMARC FAIL, but when a non-gmail user sent a message the DMARC was not
> listed.
> After changing to "Munge From" it still has a DMARC fail. What are the
> differences that I should be seeing after changing the
> dmarc_moderation_action? Here is an authentication header of a message
> from a gmail user to a gmail user.
> ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
> dkim=neutral (body hash did not verify) header.i=@gmail.com
> header.b=dAmiQOEo;
> spf=pass (google.com: domain of bockbrew-bounces at lists.bockbrew.com
> designates 65.181.121.110 as permitted sender)
> smtp.mailfrom=bockbrew-bounces at lists.bockbrew.com;
> dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
> Thanks for any help,Kevin Nowaczyk

Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe für Strassenkinder in Ghana: http://www.chance-for-children.org