[Mailman-Users] DMARC and gmail

Kevin Nowaczyk beakerboy99 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 09:13:13 EDT 2017

I've recently been hearing that some subscribers to a club mailing list who use gmail are having all messages pushed to their spam folder. One user said it's only an issue when the sender is a gmail user as well. I'm running mailman 2.1.23 and had dmarc_moderation_action set to the default value..which I think was Accept. I recently changed it to "Munge From". The dmarc_quarantine_moderation_action is set to yes, and dmarc_none_moderation_action is No. When using the old settings gmail listed messgaes as: SPF PASS, DKIM "Neutral with domain null", and DMARC FAIL, but when a non-gmail user sent a message the DMARC was not listed.
After changing to "Munge From" it still has a DMARC fail. What are the differences that I should be seeing after changing the dmarc_moderation_action? Here is an authentication header of a message from a gmail user to a gmail user.
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
       dkim=neutral (body hash did not verify) header.i=@gmail.com header.b=dAmiQOEo;
       spf=pass (google.com: domain of bockbrew-bounces at lists.bockbrew.com designates 65.181.121.110 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=bockbrew-bounces at lists.bockbrew.com;
       dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
Thanks for any help,Kevin Nowaczyk