[Mailman-Users] Send confirmation emails to user that sign up for my site

Richard Shetron guest2 at sgeinc.com
Tue Jul 4 20:31:20 EDT 2017

If the web backend can generate the code and email for the message and
you are on a *nix system then all you have to do is:

cat <message> | sendmail -r <from-address> -s "<subject>" <to-address>

message can usually contain additional headers depending on the command
line options.  message can be a canned message if you put the code in
the subject.  You may need to make this a shell script or use some type
of shell wrapper.

see man sendmail (even if you are not using sendmail, there is often a
stub with other mailers to allow sending email with the sendmail command
line interface for compatibility.