[Mailman-Users] Send confirmation emails to user that sign up for my site

Tue Jul 4 18:43:49 EDT 2017

On 7/4/17 5:50 PM, kayla.manchette at devplateau.com wrote:
> I have a site where users are able to sign up. When they sign up to
> the site, their information is stored in a database on the server.
>
> What I want to do is send users that sign up an email for them to
> confirm the account they just made. The email would include a code and
> a link for the account verification page.
>
> Is there anyway that I can link the database from my server to mailman
> so that mailman can send these emails out?
The one way I can think to do it, and it is a bit of a Rube-Goldberg, is
to create a dummy mailing list, and then when the user signs up to your
site, you create a subscription for them on the mailing list, with
confirmation required. When they do confirm, mailman can send out an
email that you can catch to see that they confirmed, or you can just
interrogate the list to see if they are on the subscriber list (they
won't be until they subscribe).

This does create a lot of complexity, and possibly confusion if there
isn't a need for a linked mailing list, it is likely simpler to just
look at the code mailman uses and borrow the appropriate parts, this
isn't THAT hard of a function.

--
Richard Damon