[Mailman-Users] Mailman Security

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:41:41 EST 2017

Okay, maybe the subject is inflammatory/misleading :-)

I have a situation which is a little confusing on a server where I run
Mailman. The subscription model is "confirm & approve"

When I check the MTA's queue, I find hundreds of mail destined to certain
addresses, and one address could have 10 or more same mail destined to it.
I cleared the queue before checking the contents of these e-mails, but I
assume they were those 'confirm your subscription' ones to these addresses,
because I can see the addresses in in Mailman's subscribe logfile.

Now this got me thinking: Once one has submitted a subscription request and
Mailman has dispatched the 'confirm' email, shouldn't mailman decline any
further subscription requests from the same address if they decide to
submit such, and as such shouldn't send any other confirm/verification
requests as long as there is one still pending??

I am talking about a situation leading to a subscribe logfile like the one
at: http://bit.ly/2iFv5vi

Might I be missing something in my list configuration???

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,