[Mailman-Users] Plesk Migration -- Mailman Issues

Greg Sims greg at headingup.net
Thu Feb 23 18:44:32 EST 2017

Plesk migration from one server to another has some serious holes including
sending list Welcome Messages to everyone on the lists that are migrated.
This is not an acceptable scenario as far as I am concerned.

The Plesk workaround is to modify the mailman code before the migration:

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000066705-Welcome-messages-to-mail-list-members-are-sent-after-migration

I try never to modify core packages like this.  Is this the only way to
ensure that all the members do not receive Welcome Messages?  If it is the
best solution, shouldn't the code be restored at some later point in time?

Thoughts? Greg