[Mailman-Users] Fwd: Warming IP Addresses -- Gradually Increasing Email Volume

Keith Seyffarth weif at weif.net
Wed Feb 22 11:45:45 EST 2017

> The communications I have with my ISP (Softlayer) is fine. The issue is with
> AOL, Yahoo and others. These folks are impossible to communication with.

That is much more understandable.

If you want to slow the rate of outgoing messages, talk to Softlayer
about possibly throttling your send rate for a while. How long will
depend on how often mailings are sent and how many of your subscribers
are on any given mailhost. If you really don't have a lot of subscribers
all on hotmail or all on Yahoo! or all on Gmail, then the throttling is
probably less of an issue.

Also check the current reputation of your sending IP address. If it
already has a developed good rating, and your messages are unlikely to
be flagged with a little more traffic from your mailing list.

Keith

--
----
from my mac to yours...