[Mailman-Users] Warming IP Addresses -- Gradually Increasing Email Volume

Greg Sims greg at headingup.net
Tue Feb 21 01:01:51 EST 2017

We have three mailman lists with over 20K members.  The lists are
subscription based which distribute content to members by email each
morning.

We need to migrate from our current server to a new one.  We will need to
change IP addresses as part of the migration.  This video suggests sending
small volumes of email initially and building the volume over time:

https://sendgrid.com/docs/Classroom/Deliver/Delivery_Introduction/warming_up_ips.html

​I'm sure sending 20K emails on day one would not make the ISPs very happy.

Does anyone know a way to warm up an IP Address while using mailman?  We
need to have a plan for this to complete our server migration plan.

Thanks, Greg​