[Mailman-Users] change links in mail footer to https

Mike Starr mike at writestarr.com
Sun Dec 10 13:17:55 EST 2017

I'm inclined to agree with tlhackque. I'd venture a guess that a large
percentage (perhaps even a majority) of Mailman users are provided with
Mailman from their hosting company as the only mailing list tool
available. The Mailman UI allows them to do the initial configuration
and management but they're not, in most cases, even aware of python or
shell script execution. It's completely foreign to them and most likely
completely beyond their skill sets. They then come to this list for help
and get told something in a language they don't understand and as this
thread reveals, many hosting companies are completely uncooperative with
respect to python and shell execution.

Of course, having monitored this list for several years, I'm totally
impressed with the skill and knowledge of Mark Sapiro and others, and I
do understand that Mailman is an open-source program for which (to the
best of my knowledge) nobody gets paid to maintain. But it would
certainly be nice is the Mailman UI could be improved to allow users to
accomplish many of the things they seek help for here without having to
spend weeks learning how to do python programming or shell script execution.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer   -    Online Help Developer   -   WordPress Websites