[Mailman-Users] change links in mail footer to https

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Dec 9 14:06:31 EST 2017

On 12/09/2017 10:40 AM, Chip Davis wrote:
> That's all well and good Mark, but surely you know that any fix that
> involves issuing a shell command is useless for those of us responsible
> for lists on a shared server running cPanel (or equivalent).

The OP indicated that he had changed DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN. If he can do
that, he can run fix_url.

> Is there a procedure that we can implement, or are we just SOL?

I know nothing about setting a cPanel domain to use https, but I imaging
more that just the Mailman part of this requires action by a server admin.

The real underlying issue with cPanel is the fact that Mailman just
"comes in the box" with cPanel. There are some hosting services using
cPanel who are very conscientious and cooperative in supporting their
customers use of Mailman, but unfortunately, there are others who only
offer Mailman because it "comes in the box" and are unwilling to put any
effort into supporting it.

If your host won't cooperate, see
<https://wiki.list.org/COM/Mailman%20hosting%20services> for possible
replacements.