[Mailman-Users] Moderator Message List

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 4 22:34:26 EST 2017

On 12/04/2017 11:37 AM, List Manager wrote:
> Is there a way, with mailman 2.1.24 to sort the Pending Moderator
> Requests list in something other than alphabetically?

Yes.

> subscriber-only post, and with loads of SPAM and a few members on
> moderate, I am concerned that by the time I reach the end of the list of
> messages with status "defer" something from a member may be added to the
> list and get deleted if I select "Discard messages marked Defer"

First of all, the "Discard messages marked Defer" selection will not
discard any messages which aren't listed and marked Defer on the page
when you submit it, so you don't need to worry about discarding messages
that arrived after you loaded the page.

As far as sorting is concerned, if you can update the server config or
influence those that can, since Mailman 2.1.16, there is the following:

# Shall the admindb held message summary display the grouping and sorting
# option radio buttons?  Set this in mm_cfg.py to one of the following:
# SSENDER -> Default to grouped and sorted by sender.
# SSENDERTIME -> Default to grouped by sender and sorted by time.
# STIME -> Default to ungrouped and sorted by time.
DISPLAY_HELD_SUMMARY_SORT_BUTTONS = No