[Mailman-Users] Shortening mailman sign-up page links

Dean Suhr deansuhr at deansuhr.us
Wed Apr 26 18:41:03 EDT 2017

My Mailman list server is running on a linux server.

I want to use a simplified URL to get to the list signup page. (I am afraid the underscore might be mistaken for a space in invitation emails when the email client automatically underlines links).

I am not a htaccess wizard and have tried both file and domain level redirecting with no joy. I thought the ".org" in the live URL might be the problem but apparently it's not. Thanks in advance.

Simplified URL: http://mldfamily.org/i-have-mld <http://mldfamily.org/i-have-mld>

These two don’t work: