[Mailman-Users] How to slow down delivery rate

Rob Dover kamflyer at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 24 23:30:16 EDT 2017

I run a couple of small lists and for some time have been getting bounces from my outgoing server saying I am exceeding the maximum # of emails per hour.

—————

recipients. This is a temporary error. The following address(es) deferred:

 address at domain.ca
   Domain mydomain.ca has exceeded the max emails per hour (112/100 (112%)) allowed.  Message will be reattempted later

—————

I have no control over the outgoing server and only minimal control over the Mailman installation. Its on a web host. The emails do eventually go through but I get notifications for every single one that is deferred.

Is there any way I can slow down the delivery rate so it is below the 100 / hour threshold?

Thanks -Rob-