[Mailman-Users] Unsubscriptions after DMARC fix

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Apr 3 16:21:12 EDT 2017

On Mon, 2017-04-03 at 15:03 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> Actually, we try to be gentle with these folks and keep things as
> simple as possible. Some of them are pretty non-techie and these
> messages probably elicit a hormonal technophobia reaction. I'll just
> resubscribe them.

My list owner asks:

> And is there any way to clear those bounce histories? If we do it
> once right now perhaps everyone would be good again for a while.  The
> emails requesting "Click here to let us know you're alive" have been
> misinterpreted as spam or a malicious attack by many who see them,
> and I suspect that often they end up getting filtered out and never
> seen anyway. I can talk until I'm blue in the face about this to the
> list, but sooner or later people forget and panic again...

Hormonally-induced techno-alergic reaction!!

Good question! So we want to simply zero out all the bounce counts, and
possibly the notification counts for the whole list on a one-time
basis. Will turning off bounce_processing for a day or so do this?

I've encouraged Cindy Harris, the list admin, to join this list. She's
very tech savvy and although she doesn't admin Mailman on a server, she
asks good questions and deals with list management and tech support.
I've told her that Mark, Brad, Barry et. al don't bite or act like
tech-snobs! Cindy is an accomplished musician and helps manage a small
ISP in Pennsylvania.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."