[Mailman-Users] Why do some get digests as a series of attachments?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 2 22:45:39 EDT 2016

On 09/02/2016 06:48 PM, Richard Johnson wrote:
> This is strange.  One of my list users gets digest messages as a series of attachments, while all other users receive digests as all text, with the messages one after the other.
>
> The person who gets the attachments has a Cox.net address.  Maybe they're doing something to it?

That has nothing to do with it. There are two digest formats.

Plain text is a digest with all non-plain text parts stored aside and
replaced by links and flattened into a single plain text message.

MIME format is a multipart digest with each original message in its own
sub-part.

Your user who gets 'attachments' has elected to receive MIME digests.
You can see this on the user's options page or the admin membership list
pages.

Whether a MIME digest is rendered with the message parts inline, only as
attachments or not at all is a function of the mail client reading the
message.