[Mailman-Users] Outlook blocking all email - "email harvesting"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 27 21:28:56 EDT 2016

On 10/27/2016 10:42 AM, Jim Dory wrote:

> I am hoping you folks can shed some light on what to look for.
>
> Here is the report after sending info to
> https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl3&ct=eformts&wa=wsignin1.0
> :

I'm not sure what you're asking. Microsoft is blocking your IP for
stated reasons. These reasons may or may not be valid, but this has to
be addressed with Microsoft in any case. In my experience (none too
recent) this is a difficult, tedious process and is sometimes futile.

Out FAQ article at <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030690> has a link to
<https://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx>. This has some good
info. Unfortunately, the link to set up a JMRP[1] account seems broken,
but buried in the "Sender services, tools, and issue submission:"
section is a link to contact support which seems to work.

Here again, my experience contacting support is it takes multiple back
and forth messages (all of theirs seem like they could be generated by
robots or at least copy/paste from canned replies) and you never get a
real answer, but eventually the block gets removed.

[1] I don't think JMRP will help anyway. JMRP has to to with complaints,
i.e. recipients clicking spam or junk buttons, and the reason they give
for blocking you seems more to do with the patterns of addresses you are
trying to deliver to. Also, it's possible that they are blocking a
larger netblock and your (innocent) IP just happens to fall in that range.