[Mailman-Users] deleting an accidentally accepted spam posting

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 20 14:06:27 EDT 2016

On 10/20/2016 09:56 AM, Matt Morgan wrote:

> Fortunately, this list is 100% digest-only with the exception of
> mail-archive.com, and their spam filtering seems to have killed it there.
>
> I loaded digest.mbox with mutt and deleted the offending message, so (I
> believe) it won't be in the next digest. Is that all I have to do to wipe
> this from my server? What else?

Does your list have local archives in addition to archiving at
mail-archive.com? If so, you probably want to remove it from the archive
too.

There are various ways to do this. Some are relatively easy, but may
have undesirable side effects. Some are very involved.

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030681> for more information.