[Mailman-Users] Understanding the flow of outgoing mails

Henrik Rasmussen her at adm.ku.dk
Fri Oct 14 11:39:36 EDT 2016

> On 10/14/2016 05:05 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> So these are messages that were originally held (as administrivia or ?) and "approved" by a moderator.

Correct. Moderator mistake.

Regarding Mailman keep posting messages to the MTA despite the out directory had been emptied, it appeared that the qrunner was still active even after running mailmanctl stop (and mailmanctl -s stop). Killing the qrunner by kill -9 only spawned a new qrunner. I had to kill -9 the mailmanctl process too, to make Mailman stop posting mails to the MTA.

Problem solved. Now I just have to find the "Unsubscribe!" mails, before re-moving the others back into the out directory.

Thank you for the explaination.

Henrik